[pmmail-list] lost track mail files

Boris Kirkorowicz pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 12:37:24 +0200 (MSZ)

On Wed, 29 May 2002 08:28:40 +0200 (MEST), Frank Winkler - Sun Germany
- Enterprise Services wrote:

>rather suppose it has something to do with manual deletion of messages in
>the trash, i.e. pressing DEL on messages already deleted and therefore
>being moved to the trash folder. But this is also just a guess ;) ...

That's not mine. ;-)
I never saw this in the trash folder, but when receiving new mail. Some
time ago I set up all my accounts to leave all messages on server, and
the mails that PMMail got lost of track could be fetched using remote
control. After that, there were no problems with that messages.

But did you try to remove a message from trash folder by a filter? My
experience is that PMMail crashes when I try to do so. It happened
accidently because I set up a SPAM filter that removes every mail that
comes to my domain and is not addressed to an existing user, and it
does it twice because I do not want to see my trash folder being filled
up with that rubbish (sometimes I check trash folder for unintentional
deleted messages).

Gruß                              Greetings
          Boris Kirkorowicz