[pmmail-list] lost track mail files

Frank Winkler - Sun Germany - Enterprise Services pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 08:36:53 +0200 (MEST)

 >Hi, don't know about lost track files, but maybe along those lines,
 >I've had several times with version 2502, and lower, that I would
 >compose a message, and send it, shut the computer down later, and pm
 >mail would come up saying that messages had been closed before they
 >were completed, and would I like to re-open them, and when I would say
 >yes, there would be the address of a message I had already sent, is
 >there any way to remmedy this problem?

Concerning this, I can state a similar effect: consider we have a message
in the draft folder which we are now editing; if PMMail is shut down (or
crashes) during this message is open, it is aware of the message being
saved in the 'backups' directory and allows further editing on restart, but
it has lost the reference to the file in the drafts folder which means that
the draft is not deleted when you send this message out.

Regards

Frank Winkler                                 frank.winkler@germany.sun.com
Sun Microsystems - Remote Admin Center
Sonnenallee 1                                       Voice +49 89 46008.2755
85551 Heimstetten - Germany                           Fax +49 89 46008.2740