[pmmail-list] network drives

Robert Gammon pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 08:41:12 -0500 (CDT)

Option #2 seems best to me.  On a private network at home, there
is no other traffic to slow things down.  The difference in load
times for a load of a remote program vs a local one (i.e. a copy
on the laptop drive) are going to be small.

Since you have NO intention to EVER start PMMail on BOTH
computers at the same time, option #2 is MUCH easier to setup as
well.

Robert

On Thu, 30 May 2002 14:19:03 +0100 (BST), Dave Saville wrote:

>All
>
>I use doth a desktop box & a laptop. What is the best way for
the
>laptop to access the pmmail folders on the desktop?
>
>1) separate install of pmmail and somehow point it to the
network