[pmmail-list] HTML mail again (was: PMMail 2000 Update)

Wendell Brown pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 10:02:05 -0500

On Thu, 30 May 2002 15:44:29 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:

>>Whats even worse, at least for me, is that Outlook Express is the
>>mandated tool for my broker to use, he has no other choice.
>>Whenever s/he needs to send me an attchment (.pdf usually), it is
>>IMPOSSIBLE for PMMail/2 to decode the mail.
>
>So you mean that OE is badly configured? Anyone I know that uses OE
>seems able to send correctly MIME-encoded pdf attachments that I can
>decode in any mailer I use. If it is producing inline attachments and
>trying to start the pdf viewer in the mailer window, that's very
>Windows-centric and unlikely to work for anyone else.

I regularly get Word documents from one of the guys I deal with that
comes in as a WINMAIL.DAT file.  He claims that he simply attaches the
documents to his outgoing message and that's what comes out the other
end.  He is a techie and he can't figure out how to fix it other than
to zip the file (zipped files come through ok as mime).

It sends the following:

The attachment is: