[pmmail-list] Spam -- your definition

Brian Morrison pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 16:25:00 +0100

On Thu, 30 May 2002 10:03:18 -0500 (CDT), Robert Gammon wrote:

>Most of us are somewhat
>hypersensitive to the cost of our cell phone traffic, so we would
>objet strenously to telemarketers who call our cell phones.

In the US yes, if you have called party pays contracts.

If it weren't for the waste of my time I'd love to keep the spamming
marketing bastards talking on my mobile, cost 'em plenty!

More worrying is that text message spam is increasing all the time,
that doesn't cost me, but it can lead to DoS because most GSM SIMs can
hold only 10 of so messages before some must be deleted. If this takes
time, the SMSC backs off delivery attempts in stages and it can take 24
hours for it to retry under some conditions.

--
Brian Morrison                                       bdm@fenrir.org.uk
              do you know how far this has gone?