[pmmail-list] HTML mail again (was: PMMail 2000 Update)

Brian Morrison pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 17:00:34 +0100

On Thu, 30 May 2002 10:09:08 -0500 (CDT), Robert Gammon wrote:

>>Did you explain that they were sending non standards-compliant
>email
>>that is a bad advertisement for the company?
>
>I got to say ONE sentence, to the effect that it wsas
>non-standard to send such mail and it could not/ would not be
>read on MY computer.  I was immediately told to shutup (however,
>the person giving the presentation has absolutely ZERO power to
>change things, so my comments would have no possible impact on
>the situation).

You must be very tolerant, if someone at work told me to shut up,
especially in front of other people, that would be the last time they
would ever get anything from me.

>The broker is on some version of WinNT.  We went through all the
>settings for the mail tool to see what could be changed.  I could
>NOT detect what needed to be changed.  There is a signature line
>that is added to every email that is compliance related, it gets
>merged inside PMMail/2 with the intended attachment.  Manual
>edits of the attachment (Attachments -> Save Selected Attachment)
>are generally fruitless.

Sounds like the MTA on their server rather than the MUA.

However, if the compliance related thing is being mashed in with the
attachment then it can't possibly be RFC compliant. I'd advise them to
bin it, I bet no one else can read the stuff they send out.

--
Brian Morrison                                       bdm@fenrir.org.uk
              do you know how far this has gone?