[pmmail-list] HTML mail again (was: PMMail 2000 Update)

Robert Gammon pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 13:19:19 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 30 May 2002 17:00:34 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:

>On Thu, 30 May 2002 10:09:08 -0500 (CDT), Robert Gammon wrote:
>

>>>Did you explain that they were sending non standards-compliant
>>email
>>>that is a bad advertisement for the company?
>>
>>I got to say ONE sentence, to the effect that it wsas
>>non-standard to send such mail and it could not/ would not be
>>read on MY computer.  I was immediately told to shutup
(however,
>>the person giving the presentation has absolutely ZERO power to
>>change things, so my comments would have no possible impact on
>>the situation).
>
>You must be very tolerant, if someone at work told me to shut
up,
>especially in front of other people, that would be the last time
they
>would ever get anything from me.

This person is also the person that has the direct authority to
hire/fire me. A confrontation on this issue would have firing as
part of the list of remedies.

>>The broker is on some version of WinNT.  We went through all
the
>>settings for the mail tool to see what could be changed.  I
could
>>NOT detect what needed to be changed.  There is a signature
line
>>that is added to every email that is compliance related, it
gets
>>merged inside PMMail/2 with the intended attachment.  Manual
>>edits of the attachment (Attachments -> Save Selected
Attachment)
>>are generally fruitless.
>
>Sounds like the MTA on their server rather than the MUA.
>
>However, if the compliance related thing is being mashed in with
the
>attachment then it can't possibly be RFC compliant. I'd advise
them to
>bin it, I bet no one else can read the stuff they send out.

And s/he says that some of clients say thanks, glad for the info,
so they are getting it.  So it must be a Windows client on each
end of the conversation.

Robert