[pmmail-list] Spam -- your definition

Willms-EDV Technik pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 11:33:24 +0200 (MES)

On Thu, 30 May 2002 12:31:38 -0300, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

> On Thu, 30 May 2002 16:25:00 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:
>
> >More worrying is that text message spam is increasing all the time,
>
> That's news to me. I hadn't heard of cell phone spam until now.

   SMS spam it is. Most of it I got wants me to call some expensive 0190 (i.e.
0900) number or false promises of hotel vouchers, which then are handed out
only on the condition that one subscribes to some magazine (and then not
even). I don't know if the prevailing mobile phone systems in the US allow SMS
(Short Message Service) from phone to phone, so this might be unknown there.

  By the way, this message illustrates two little problems with the character
used to introduce quoted message text:

  a) the standard setting is to have no blank between the quote character and
the following text;

  b) when the standard is changed to make it a "> ", i.e. the greater-sign
followed by a blank, it includes the blank even befor previous quote
characters.

Yours,
Lüko Willms