[pmmail-list] Spam -- your definition

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 17:57:01 -0300

On Fri, 31 May 2002 08:05:49 -0600 (MDT), Ann Knight wrote:

> Flagrant abuse of servers and open relays would be the reason I'd put forth.

What you're implying is that only people who abuse servers and open
relays are "spammers". That's what I was wondering: what each
person's definition of "spam" is.

> It's distressing to see these spammers' arguments coming from PmMail Support. :(  I'm not saying
>you're a spammer, but that these "arguments" you're putting forth are the same ones used by
>spammers to try to justify their abuse.

I'm just trying to gather information about people's beliefs. I
suspect that you misunderstood my general questions as support for
using someone else's servers or open relays without their permission.
Obviously I would never support that. But since we don't all have the
same definition for "spam" I suppose it is possible that one of us
would accept some activites while another might condemn them. (For
example sending your resume to companies without their permission --
some would say "fine" others would say "Spam!!")

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support