[pmmail-list] what do I do about this on going problem?

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 03 Nov 2002 05:49:41 -0800

Hello, I have been having a continual problem with pm mail, and don't
know if it is Norton 2001 causing this, or not, and that is, that I
can't stay on long, and pm mail continually breaks the connection, and
I get error check error log, so, how do I stop pm mail from breaking
the connection?  I have the pop server as 127.0.0.1, and the user i d
for the pop server as mrimpau/mail.mindspring.com and the smtp server
is also mail.mindspring.com
but lately, especially since Thursday, I can't leave pm mail to get
its' own mail without error check error log, and am getting sick of
this, and have tried to write mind spring about this, and they insist
that their servers are normal, and it either manifests itself in being
unable to send messages, with them remaining in the outbox, or, being
unable to receive messages.  I had mail set to fetch every two minutes,
but moved it back to 3 minutes, but if it is Norton, what do I do to
prevent this?  I can understand it happening once in a while, but
certainly, not every time I get on line, and I can retreve the first
batch of messages fine, with no problem, it's the subsiquent messages
that are the problem, and the error log doesn't help, when all it says
is the date, and server broke connection.  Could I have some settings
wrong in both the send and receive properties, such as, in send, it
says edit box pop server, and the next box it says 110, this, after the
port 25 edit box, so I don't know what is happening, and want to throw
this computer out the window with pm mail version 2661.  This started
getting really bad in April of this year, and I have had it, and
frankly I'm at my wits end, either I constantly get these error check
error log messages, or, when I want to take an action regarding a
virus, the same thing happens, and that is very frustrating when down
support people at mind spring, and I would urge other people with pm
mail problems to flood the mind spring people with messages, because I
want this problem cleared up, and sighted people can't understand that
I can't see lights on my modem, so don't know if that is the problem or
not, but I have had it, either I go, or mind spring goes.  Thanks in
advance for helping.
Marty