[pmmail-list] what do I do about this on going problem?

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 03 Nov 2002 15:29:00 +0100 (MEZ)

On Sun, 03 Nov 2002 05:49:41 -0800, Marty Rimpau wrote:

> I have been having a continual problem with pm mail, and don't
> know if it is Norton 2001 causing this, or not, and that is, that I
> can't stay on long, and pm mail continually breaks the connection, and
> I get error check error log, so, how do I stop pm mail from breaking
> the connection?  I have the pop server as 127.0.0.1, and the user i d
> for the pop server as mrimpau/mail.mindspring.com and the smtp server
> is also mail.mindspring.com

  So quite sure it is the Norton Antivirus which acts as your POP3
intermediate. You can configure it using the regular NAV config menus. They
are a little awkward, though. Trying to be to smart and outsmarting the user
-- I hate that.

Yours,
Lüko Willms