[pmmail-list] response from support at mind spring

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 04 Nov 2002 01:03:46 -0800

Hi, all, wouldn't you know that I would get a response from mind spring
suggesting I try outlook express, but I don't want to, and here is
their polite way of trashing pm mail, which I don't care for, in
addition to their steps for configuring outlook express.  I wish
software people wouldn't be so easy to trash perfectly good email
programs, it's not that outlook is necessarily lousy, but I feel like
they're washing their hands of this problem, and not being willing to
accept that it might be a partial mind spring provlem, seeing I'm
running no protection now, and am still getting several error 10061
could not connect messages.  Sorry, but this stuff is frustrating, I
want anti-virus protection, but nobody is willing to look at their own
software to figure out if it might partially be responsable for the
problems somebody is having.  Here's their response below.
Dear Marty Rimpau,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are very sorry to see that you are continually experiencing the
problems with "PMMail 2000 Professional (2.20.2661) For Windows 98". We
have gone through the complete scenario. We have a few suggestions for
you in troubleshooting the issue. Please do follow them and let us know
if they make you work better.

Firstly, the look and feel of the Outlook Express and "PMMail 2000
Professional (2.20.2661) For Windows 98 " is nearly. The "PMMail 2000
Professional (2.20.2661) For Windows 98" is one of the less known and
ongoing development software. It may have some bugs that you and we are
not aware of. We suggest you to try using Outlook Express. We have
provided you the steps to configure the Outlook Express for your
Mindspring Account. Please try using it, if you are comfortable with
it, you may continue using it in future. Using Outlook Express will be
advantages in future. As you work with it more, you will find that it
is easier to use and you will discover some more exciting features of
it.

How to configure Outlook Express for Mindspring Account.

Follow the steps below will guide you through configuring Outlook
Express 5 to check an EarthLink email account:

1. Double-click the Outlook Express 5.0 icon.
2. From the Tools menu, choose Accounts.
3. Click on the Mail tab.
4. Click the Add button.
5. Select Mail in the list.
6. In the Display name field, type the name of the person who be using
the email account.
7. Click the Next button.
8. Select I already have an e-mail address that I'd like to use.
9. In the E-mail address field, type the email address of the person
who will be using the account.
10. Click the Next button.
11. Click the arrow box on the My incoming mail server is a drop-down
list and choose POP3.
12. In the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) server field, type
pop.mindspring.com .
13. In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server field, type smtp.mindspring.com
.
14. Click the Next button.
15. In the Account name field, type the email username (the first
portion of your email address before the @mindspring.com portion) .
16. In the Password field, type the password for the email account.
17. Check the box next to Remember password if you want to save your
password.
18. Click the Next button.
19. Click the Finish button.
20. Click the Close button.

Once again, please feel free to come back to us with your comments and
suggestion about using the Outlook Express. If you find an improvement
in that software, we'll be glad to know about it.

We have further information about Internet access through EarthLink at
our customer support site:

http://support.earthlink.net

(Also accessible from the "Support" link on the top right of your
Personal Start Page.)

If you need further assistance you can also contact us via chat at:

http://support.earthlink.net/chat 7 a.m. to 2:45 a.m. (EST) 7 days a
week.

Suresh K.
Electronic  Support