[pmmail-list] pgp/mime support in PMMail ?

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 07:12:42 +0100 (MEZ)

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:55:24 -0700, Martin Moran wrote:

> Hmmm... that's odd.  I wonder why it's bad when it pulled your key from
> the signature, not the .ASC key file.

   When you try and look at the entire message, you find that there is the
message part of Content-Type: application/pgp-signature, but there is not a
header delimiting the signed part (I think it would be somethink like
"-----BEGIN SIGNED MESSAGE----" or similar). So without recognizing the
message, PMMail can't find out which part of the message should be checked
against the signature (according to RFC2015, a "multipart/signed" message
consists of exactly two parts, and the first one is the one being signed).

   Also the PGP key can be extracted from the body part with "Content-Type:
BLOCK-----". There might be a problem for the PGP version on your or mine
side, since it is created using GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux).

Lüko Willms