[pmmail-list] Suggestions for restricting user visibility.

Andreas Ludwig pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 12:15:06 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 18:29:41 +1300, Simon wrote:

>Can I please have some suggestions for the best way to restrict the users to only being able to access their own email account?

Under OS/2, I have one mail dir for me containing a dir ..\pmmail with
al lthe accounts (\*.act dirs and pmmail.ini) and ..\tools (with
addr.db, ..\groups etc.) and one for my girl friend and set the working
directory to the \pmmail dir (i.e. if you have your dir in
D:\data\simon\mail then set it to D:\data\simon\mail\pmmail) -> make
one pmmail program object (that is 'shortcut' in windows) per user and
set the working dir appropriately) and place the icon into his/her user
specific Start menu.

This way every user should only _see_ the individual account(s) when
starting up PMMail.

Best

Andreas

--

Andreas Ludwig
from the beautiful town of Vienna (Austria)