[pmmail-list] Suggestions for restricting user visibility.

Ronny Hippler pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 11:17:57 -0500

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 11:45:33 +0100, Freenet.Listen wrote:

>>Windows XP

>>I have several users and several email accounts, including an account
>Copy an empty PMMail installation to different folders, one for each
>user. As PMMail also uses a ..\TOOLS directory better install to
>   X:\Programs\Simon\PMMail\PMMail

Yea but unless you specifically tell xp to restrict access to these folders any
body can poke around in it, it would be better to install to

x:\Documents and Settings\joeschmoe\

that way only an administrator can acces. If PGP is not an issue you should be
able to install to the "progam files" directory and just have pmmail start in
the users directory. in the shortcut change the startin path to:

"%homedrive%%homepath%\Application Data" including quotes.

Add the shortcut to the "all users" start menu and viola each person has there
own private mail accounts. the only issue with this is that the pmmail.ini file is
shared which controls the general settings I believe. So pgp will use the same
keyset for all.

--

I am Gomer of Borg!  Golly we are gonna assimilate ya!

Ronny Hippler || Spartanburg SC
http://www.vr5.dyndns.org:8008/ || ftp://ftp.vr5.dyndns.org:2112/
For PGP key email with "PGPKey" in the subject