[pmmail-list] send email from Opera

Hahn Gerhard pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 10:31:16 +0100

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 13:36:40 +0100 (MEZ), L.Willms wrote:

>On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:59:35 +0100, Hahn Gerhard wrote:
>
>> Hmm, I believe we approach to the solution. Cause I have nothing comparable
>entered in the reg.
>
>  Actually the relevant registry entry is in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, concretely
>mailto\shell\open\command.
>
>  I just tried out a way to set this without tinkering with the registry
>directly:
>
>  Just call MS Outlook Express, and make it the standard mail program (Extras
>| Optionen | Allgemein). Then start again PMMail; PMMail should tell you at
>startup that it is not the default eMail program, and asks you to confirm
>this. Do that, and don't tick the "Don't ask me this again", so that you can
>repeat this operation, in case some other program gets itself in the way.
>
>   PMMail then writes the necessary info into the registry.

I finally had done it this way.
Now -opera set to use dft. mailpgm- clicking on an emaillink in a site brings Pmmail to the foreground, nothing more
happens....

Switching Opera to "Use specific email client" and using "F:\pmmail\PMMailw.exe /srd mailto:%t?subject=%s"
again asks me on opening a new program instance if i want to create an account.

So I hope sometime I could get a new message window with a prefilled 'send to' .

baba

gerhard