[pmmail-list] SPAM filtering with PopFile

Stephen Eickhoff pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 23:01:41 -0500

After reading the chatter about POPfile, I decided to try it out.
I have it running really well on my XP box, but I'd like to run it on my OS/2
server which is using PMMail to sort and bounce messages to a mailing list.
The problem is, I can't seem to find a version of Perl that works with
POPFile.
The 5.0 version I had just didn't seem to be compatible (the author never
specified what version to use) and the supposedly stable 5.61 version, isn't.
Even "perl -v" doesn't work:

[<jsbach>-C:\]perl -v

Process terminated by SIGILL
core dumped
SYS1808:
The process has stopped.  The software diagnostic
code (exception code) is  001C.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

Uninstall old Perl: check.
Change entries in config.sys: check.
put the gcc runtime (exact version specified, BTW) in os2/dll: check.
EMX runtime installed: check (version wasn't specified)