[pmmail-list] HTML formatting in PMMail

Phil Morgan pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:10:26 -0500

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 02:51:00 -0500 (EST), Carl Gehr wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 19:46:45 -0500, Phil Morgan wrote:
>
>>PM:  If it strips it of the tags, what's the problem?
>
>Only strips the tags when it is *displayed*...  The message, should
>there actually be a reason to save it, is typically 3x-10x the size of
>a pure text message.  Often displays with extra, unnecessary blank
>lines.  I have one friend who insists on sending HTML messages that are
>read and discarded, no matter the content.  Too many embedded
>backgrounds, image attachements, etc.

PM: I get it now ... I guess I've been receiving and sending HTML all
these years and never noticed. This was the first time anyone ever
complained about it to me.   Now I know and everyone, who wishes to,
can jump on the "anti-HTML" bandwagon at my expense.

I appreciate your explanation though.
 - - Phil
>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------
>To POST to the list, send your message to:
>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>with the first line of the message body being...

                             Phil Morgan
                     pmorgan@attglobal.net

"From Windows 2000 Pro SP2 (Win NT4 on steroids)"
               Year 2000 Compliant Forever!
        Please post all replies under this message.