[pmmail-list] HTML formatting in PMMail

Simon Wright pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:42:26 +0100 (CET)

> Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:23:16 -0500
> From: "Phil Morgan" <pmorgan@ATTGlobal.Net>
>
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:51:00 -0500 (EST), Raphael Tennenbaum wrote:
>
> >you know what's not awesome?  your posting html, which leaves
> >about 90% of garbage in my inbox.  can you do us a favor and
> >turn off your html posting?  thanks
>
> PM:  Happy to respond to your pleasant request.  How one to know ...
> since that's a PMMail default and since this is a PMMail list, ... wel

Indeed it is :-( and not a good situation I feel.

A connected point, which I *don't* want to develop into yet
another inconclusive HTML mail/no HTML argument, is that while I
accept that some people have the need to use html mail, the
support in the Windows version should be selectable (as it
currently
is), and the default should be OFF (which it currently isn't).

My prejudices are probably obvious but I really think that this
version of the current arrangement would be better and fair to
all. With respect, the people who appear to be more likely to
use html mail, are in *general* the ones who do not realise that
it is an option and one with a large downside for others -
especially people like me who receive the digest version of
mailing lists. Please note that I use both versions of PMMail
and also Pegasus at work (which doesn't deal very elegantly with
html mail in digests).

--
Regards to all (html mail users as well!!).

Simon Wright.
diver 0 6 at gmx dot net