[pmmail-list] problem with pm mail 6.60 and Norton

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 03 Oct 2002 07:55:49 -0700

Hi list, it use to be that when Norton would detect a virus, I could
tell it to delete the offending message, and my messages would resume
down loading, but now, what happens is that I get an error check error
log message, and this means that let's say if I've down loaded 45
messages out of 60, in order to avoid duplicate messages, I have to
launch remote control, refresh the list, and arrow down to the message
that was the virus, delete it, and hope that no new messages have come
in, but it didn't work out this way today, and I got duplicate
messages, and earlier version s of pm mail didn't stop just because a
virus message was detected, but resumed where the messages left off.
The only thing from the error log is this which doesn't help anything
Thu, 03 Oct 02 07:24:49 ==> Error ; Server broke connection
so, if possible, could you guys try and do something about this so I
won't have to deal with duplicate messages, especially with the new
virus that came out on Monday.  Thanks.
Marty