[pmmail-list] problem with pm mail 6.60 and Norton

PMMail 2000 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 03 Oct 2002 18:13:13 -0400

On Thu, 03 Oct 2002 17:57:45 -0400, Steve Barber wrote:

>Starting about 1 month ago, I started getting a LOT of crashes of my
>email client (not just pmmail, but also Outlook) on downloading
>certain messages.  PMMail would also crash on Remote operation.
>Symptom seems to be that one particular email simply stops
>downloading (no byte transfer activity at all) until the email client
>finally crashes after a minute or so.  So, in my case, this may be an
>indication that it's a server problem.

We are still looking at this, even though to this day using NAV 2000 &
now NAV 2002, and VirusScan I have not seen this problem. I have no
doubt that it exists, but I have not seen it.

Just had something you may want to try if you are using a virus scanner
on your email. I think Marty stated that he was receiving the 'server
broke connection' error. Well, in most cases, if you are using a virus
scanner to fetch mail (let's say NAV 2002), NAV is intercepting the
incoming messages and acting as your server. I am really curious though
if NAV is causing the ISP to time out, or if NAV itself is breaking the
connection for some reason. Maybe you could try disabling the mail
scanner in NAV temporarily to fetch that peice of mail.  Just a thought
on this, I am still trying to get more SPAM in my inbox, apparently
500+ a day still isn't enough to get the really bad stuff.

Brandon King, PMMail 2000 Technical Support
support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
http://www.pmmail2000.com