[pmmail-list] problem with pm mail 6.60 and Norton

Rod... Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 05 Oct 2002 08:32:58 +1000

On Fri, 04 Oct 2002 14:02:07 -0400, Steve Barber wrote:

>So, question is, does NAV2002 get in between even Remote operations
>where nothing is being downloaded except the message subject?  If we
>are going to suspect NAV2002, then it would seem we'd have to assume
>that it does control even Remote operation.

NAV is a pita when allowed to do mail. It intercepts all pop3 and smtp
and proxies them.

I have told my clients to disable it for mail or pay for service calls
to diagnose the problems. Some of them use APOP sends to allow roaming
access and that will never work with NAV.

Funnily enough early in the Bugbear cycle the only machines that needed
help from me were running NAV. The people on Fprot had zero infections.
I don't think there are any Mcafee boxes left.

In the beginning was The Word
and The Word was Content-type: text/plain
The Word of Rod.