[pmmail-list] problem with pm mail 6.60 and Norton

Steve Barber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 14:02:07 -0400

On Fri, 04 Oct 2002 13:27:13 +0100, Barry Wilkinson wrote:

>This seems to be the same problem I was experiencing two weeks ago. When it fails it usually creates a 'server broke connection' or 'Server too busy' error. I and others had the
>feeling that Zone Alarm may have something to do with this? However, I am also running NAV2002.
>
>Difficult one this as it works for some time before showing it's head.
>
>Barry

I don't use Zone Alarm, so the finger looks like it might be pointing
to Nav2002.

But one thing bothers me ... I get the problem either downloading my
mail or just trying to use Remote to delete the offending SPAM.
Either way, when the message is encountered, the transfer is stopped
and PMMail crashes after the "Server Broke Connection" message.

So, question is, does NAV2002 get in between even Remote operations
where nothing is being downloaded except the message subject?  If we
are going to suspect NAV2002, then it would seem we'd have to assume
that it does control even Remote operation.

SteveB

Steve Barber
104 Sylvan Grove
Cary, NC 27511