[pmmail-list] does pm mail have the described feature?

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 05 Oct 2002 14:28:01 -0700

Hi, list, I had written about being thrown off the smtp server after
deciding what to do regarding a virus message, with pm mail version
2660, and Norton 2001, and I just got a message from another list that
tells what to do if you have outlook express, but how does one do what
will be described in current versions of pm mail?  Here is the message
below.
I had heard several of you running your Norton and getting thrown off
your server in outlook express if there is a virus, To fix this
Go to the tools menu and down to accounts and in the accounts pick the
account specific to yours and go to the properties and in the advanced
tab of the properties
Tab a few times and you will hear it say something about server port
server time out slider and increase the number to help prevent timing
out while attempting to upload or download mail.
I hope this is explanative enough. Norton 2002 already has this
protection built into it but 2000 and 2001 doesn't.
Note, this can't be done with an open message unless you alt tab to the
mailbox.