[pmmail-list] does pm mail have the described feature?

Steve Barber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 06 Oct 2002 02:05:56 -0400

On Sat, 05 Oct 2002 14:28:01 -0700, Marty Rimpau wrote:

>Hi, list, I had written about being thrown off the smtp server after
>deciding what to do regarding a virus message,

Some of the previous discussion implied that the "server broke
connection" messages were related to viruses, but in my case (running
Norton AV 2002) the problem does not appear to be related to viruses
at all ... but to SPAM (presumabably including certain html
characteristics that are causing either the ISPs server or Norton
AV's "server" to choke during download.

There may be a separate problem with viruses causing the "server
broke connection", but I haven't seen it ... all my problems are
resolved by simply deleting all SPAM using web access before
downloading ... none of the deleted files appeared (based on size,
anyway) to be infected.

When it happens again, I'll try Brandon's idea of disabling Norton AV
to see if that prevents the problem.  Of course, I won't open any
emails thus downloaded ... and certainly I won't open any
attachments.

SteveB
Steve Barber
104 Sylvan Grove