[pmmail-list] Fwd: Mem Leak in Recent Betas

Michael Lueck pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:26:38 -0400

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:02:29 -0400, Bill Seward wrote:

>We were rebooting the computer till we saw an email about this
>huge memory leak ...thinking that the os was having a brain fart ....

Like Brandon said, and thanks Brandon for taking the time to elaborate on what
is going on, since it is PMMail allocating memory for real, that would explain
why I can restart PMMail without having to reboot and go on with life.

BUT, opening PMMail off of a drive share on my OS/2 server, M$ and IBM doing
the technical fighting on the wire, that takes a couple of minutes to bring
PMMail back up again.... and when PMMail needs to be bounced, M$ has usually
eaten up all connections on the OS/2 server so that gets rebooted as well.
(Since it is BEST to close PMMail on the worksation when bouncing the server!)

So this cache does not get re-used when moving from folder to folder???

And I am correct that using up so much ram for this cache is what is giving me
the error messages that "program is unable to allocate memory to build the
menu" and sure enough no "File, Edit, Help..." menu in the program, right click
menus won't pop-up, tabbed dialogs are missing tabs, etc...??? or should I be
looking for a second memory leak in a program and PMMail just clears up enough
RAM to mask the other one?

Thanks!

Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems