[pmmail-list] Fwd: Mem Leak in Recent Betas

Bill Seward pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:02:29 -0400

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_8376188=_=_=_

well I hope they do fix this one its causing extremely large amounts of memory to be used
so much so that we have to shut down and not use pmmail we really like pmmail and have
been using since we found about it many many years ago. I hope this one does get looked into
and fixed sooner then later . I am not complaining but an hoping the memory leak does
 get fixed sooner then later. We were rebooting the computer till we saw an email about this
huge memory leak ...thinking that the os was having a brain fart ....
Keep up the good work ppl !!
:)

Bill S

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 18:05:04 -0400, PMMail 2000 Support wrote:

>On Wed, 09 Oct 2002 18:48:10 -0400, Michael Lueck wrote:
>
>>Still have the mem leaks, never did see any acknowledgement of my previous
>>email....????
>
>Hi Michael,
>
>I think most of the "leaks" have been fixed in the latest versions. The
>problem that you are having is the fact that PMMail 2000 caches each
>message list as it is opened. So, after opening 2 or 3 folders with a
>couple hundred messages in each, PMMail will now require enough memory
>space to hold all folder listings you have opened. Now, whether this
>gets fixed in PMMail 2000 or not, I don't know. Peter was a little
>unclear about whether or not he could even fix this in PMMail 2000, but
>I do have this listed as a bug and if it is possible, it will be fixed.
>
>--
>Brandon King, PMMail 2000 Technical Support
>support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
>http://www.pmmail2000.com
>
>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------
>To POST to the list, send your message to:
>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>with the first line of the message body being...

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_8376188=_=_=_

<HTML>

<FONT FACE="Courier" DEFAULT="FACE"><FONT SIZE="2" POINTSIZE="10" DEFAULT="SIZE">well I hope they do fix this one its causing extremely large amounts of memory to be used<BR>

so much so that we have to shut down and not use pmmail we really like pmmail and have <BR>

been using since we found about it many many years ago. I hope this one does get looked into <BR>

and fixed sooner then later . I am not complaining but an hoping the memory leak does<BR>

 get fixed sooner then later. We were rebooting the computer till we saw an email about this<BR>

huge memory leak ...thinking that the os was having a brain fart .... <BR>

Keep up the good work ppl !!<BR>

:)<BR>

<BR>

Bill S <BR>

<BR>

<BR>

<BR>

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 18:05:04 -0400, PMMail 2000 Support wrote:<BR>

<BR>

&gt;On Wed, 09 Oct 2002 18:48:10 -0400, Michael Lueck wrote:<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;&gt;Still have the mem leaks, never did see any acknowledgement of my previous<BR>

&gt;&gt;email....????<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;Hi Michael,<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;I think most of the "leaks" have been fixed in the latest versions. The<BR>

&gt;problem that you are having is the fact that PMMail 2000 caches each<BR>

&gt;message list as it is opened. So, after opening 2 or 3 folders with a<BR>

&gt;couple hundred messages in each, PMMail will now require enough memory<BR>

&gt;space to hold all folder listings you have opened. Now, whether this<BR>

&gt;gets fixed in PMMail 2000 or not, I don't know. Peter was a little<BR>

&gt;unclear about whether or not he could even fix this in PMMail 2000, but<BR>

&gt;I do have this listed as a bug and if it is possible, it will be fixed.<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;--<BR>

&gt;Brandon King, PMMail 2000 Technical Support<BR>

&gt;<FONT COLOR=0000ff><U>support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com<FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR"></U><BR>

&gt;<FONT COLOR=0000ff><U>http://www.pmmail2000.com<FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR"></U><BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------<BR>

&gt;To POST to the list, send your message to:<BR>

&gt;<FONT COLOR=0000ff><U>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com<FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR"></U><BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;with the first line of the message body being...<BR>