[pmmail-list] "Dropbox" and suggestion

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:50:41 +0200 (MES)

On Thu, 05 Sep 2002 17:43:07 -0400, PMMail 2000 Support wrote:

  answering a message by "Xav" <xav@glenmere.com>:

>>  some go straight to "Dropbox" - what is this hidden folder ?
>
> I have not done my own research into this folder to find the exact
> uses, but it was explained to me that this folder was used for
> filtering messages and a temp folder for messages with large
> attachments.

   Working on my filter programs (Blacklist checking and Virus checking) I
found that all the programs which are treated by external programs called by
the PROGRAM.<programname> tag in a Filter are located in the DROPBOX
directory.

   The directory DROPBOX is created and deleted on the fly by PMMail.

   I think, this is the directory where the POP3 client "drops" the messages
downloaded from the POP3 server, and where they are handed to the filtering
machine (ICSL) to move them into the folder specified in the filter, or into
the INBOX.FLD.

   Messages with large attachments are probably easier to spot in the DROPBOX
just because they take more time to process by ISCL.

Yours,
Lüko Willms