[pmmail-list] Filter question

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:20:51 +0200 (MES)

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 01:08:30 +0200 (MSZ), Boris Kirkorowicz wrote:

> Maybe some of you forgot the original intention, just to let it beep.

   Thanks for the simple BAT method. The following shows how to let it beep
using VB Script:

--- cut ---------------

Set WShShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WShShell.Popup "It Beeps",1,"Beep Box Title",vbOK

-------- cut off  -----

   This displays a popup box with the text "It Beeps" and the title "Beep Box
Title" with an OK-button for 1 second, and it beeps. Here it makes a little
sound (ding.wav) out of the current sound scheme, and using the sound card
(well, one could have the same effect by selecting the action "Play Sound" and
selecting "ding.wav"). I don't know how this behaves when there is no sound
card (all machines I have here do have a sound card installed). You also might
want to add a CHR(7) to the string being displayed.

   In the action "External Hook" you have to configure such a script as
"WScript path\beep.vbs"

   Alternatively, there is also the "echo" method, but with WScript this opens
a popup window which has to be closed with the OK button; I have not tried out
how this behaves with CScript (the command line version of VB Scripting host).

  Such a script would be a one liner:

  CScript.Echo  CHR(7)

  To be executed in background.

Yours,