[pmmail-list] Filter question, beep on speaker, Win

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:50:45 +0200 (MES)

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:20:51 +0200 (MES), L.Willms wrote:

> > Maybe some of you forgot the original intention, just to let it beep.
>
>    Thanks for the simple BAT method. The following shows how to let it beep
> using VB Script:

   ... and then I found (Google is your friend, still) a freeware DOS programm
called BEEP.EXE, compatible with the BEEP.EXE of the good old copyrighted
Norton Utilites BEEP.EXE (I have one dated 1987), but much enhanced, and which
can also be told the frequency and duration to play on the box' speaker,
similar to the BEEP REXX function presented by Oliver Ebert in his little REXX
script "Yippee.cmd".

  http://members.optushome.com.au/quentinc/beep.html

  Calling this BEEP.EXE directly as the external hook resulted in nothing, I
had to wrap it into a VBS script:

  Set Doit = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
  Doit.RUN("E:\util\Freebeep\beep.exe")

   Call the script using CScript. Don't try calling the Doit.RUN in a loop
with different /Fn (for frequency) parameters, otherwise it will open a new
DOS window for every execution.

Yours,
Lüko Willms