[pmmail-list] Filter question

Steve Richards pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:09:54 -0400 (EDT)

=>>PMMAIL v2.20.2382 (OS/2)

I've come up with two problems using this process. (see prior posts for full process description)

Problem one: On startup, when there are multiple messages on the server, the pop account with the filter that
copies the email to the new directory sometimes is handed a duplicate file name to process.

For example if there are 6 emails on the server, email 1, 2, will be passed to the filter with unique file names
but email 3 may have the same name as email 2 even though the contents are different. This seems like a
threading problem (I have a fast machine) where the name hasn't been check to see if it is dup before it's
handed off.
The files in the inbox have unique names. It looks like the file is handed off before that is (completely)
checked.

Sample passed names hwwij00.msg
                    hwwik00.msg
                    hwwik00.msg --> inbox would have hwwik01.msg
                    hwwil00.msg

Problem two: Also on startup, if the account getting the files from the smtp directory starts to retrieve while
the POP account is still receiving and copying, the POP account will stop receiving (message at bottom
"receiving 6 of 12" will stay forever.) The only solution is to exit Pmmail and restart. I've been unsuccessful
in serializing this aspect.

Steve