[pmmail-list] how to stop pm mail from coming up with a dial-up connection

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 09:24:50 -0700

			Hi list, I have a friend that is using windows
98 se, with a 28.8 modem and the problem she has is that she wants to
stop pm mail from coming up when she activates her earthlink icon on
her desk top, and in connections, she is using an existing connection,
but she also has something called dunse in the systray, something I've
never heard of, and she still wants the modem to automatically
re-connect when she gets booted off after 8 hours or so, so, how does
she stop pm mail from opening with the dial-up connection?  Thanks for
helping, and I'm asking, because I've never had this problem so I don't
know what to do.  She is about to install pm mail version 2502 as well.

Marty
Computer users are divided into three types novice, intermediate and
expert.

Novice Users - People who are afraid that simply pressing a key might break
their computer.
Intermediate Users - People who don't know how to fix their computer after
they've just pressed a key that broke it.
Expert Users - People who break other people's computers.