[pmmail-list] how to stop pm mail from coming up with a dial-up connection

Oberon pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 12:00:28 -0500

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 09:24:50 -0700, Marty Rimpau wrote:

>			Hi list, I have a friend that is using windows
>98 se, with a 28.8 modem and the problem she has is that she wants to
>stop pm mail from coming up when she activates her earthlink icon on
>her desk top, and in connections, she is using an existing connection,
>but she also has something called dunse in the systray, something I've
>never heard of, and she still wants the modem to automatically
>re-connect when she gets booted off after 8 hours or so, so, how does
>she stop pm mail from opening with the dial-up connection?  Thanks for
>helping, and I'm asking, because I've never had this problem so I don't
>know what to do.  She is about to install pm mail version 2502 as well.

If I'm understanding the problem, the solution is within Dunce.  She should
review the settings there.  I no longer have it installed, since it won't
work in Win2K, so I can't be any more specific than that.

--
"It is necessary for us to learn from others' mistakes. You will not
live long enough to make them all yourself." -- Admiral Hyman G.