[pmmail-list] Filter question/REXX

Steve Richards pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:48:13 -0500 (EST)

I am running same version.

I think what I am understanding is you run one account into many, where I run many accounts into one ?

The name problem is not significant because I can work around it with the directory structure and by not moving
duplicates until the receiving directory is cleared out.

With regards to the fetch time, I do have the accounts setup to fetch at different times which mostly solves any
issue. The main problem is when I startup in the morning the POP first fetch will take longer than the the
interval for the SMTP receive time. For instance, I had 90 emails waiting which took about two minutes to
download and I have my SMTP account set to fetch every 37 seconds, hence the overlap where the initial download
has not completed.

My REXX scripts wait on a semaphore, so that there shouldn't be a file conflict. However, the POP receive hangs
anyway so I suspect it has something to do with the receive process itself.

The lack of an execution point at the end of the receive prohibits a total lockout or serialization of receive
processes. I suppose if the exit check the return code something could be done there also, but I didn't see any
info on that in the docs.

I haven't written directly to anyone a BPSW.

Steve