[pmmail-list] Outward filter needed

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 10:40:16 -0700

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 22:30:31 +0200 (MES), L.Willms wrote:

>On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 15:20:16 -0500, Kari Suomela wrote:
>
>> If a mail reader is not RFC compliant, it can hardly be called a mail
>> reader.
>
>   A telephone that is not compliant to the relevant technical
>specifications, can hardly be called a telephone.
>
>> MM> Thus, I don't need a copy of an RFC on my bookshelf, as I frankly
>> MM> don't care.  I just want a mail reader that works.
>>
>> Might be an idea to study the basics, so your input would have some
>> value.
>
>   Nevertheless, I don't need to be an electroacoustics or telecoms engineer
>to use a telephone. It just has to function.

But this forum does not consist of people who USE the "telephone".  It consists
of power users who wish to offer advice on and influence the future development
of the "telephone".  In order for that advice to be useful, one needs to know
more about the "telephone" than just how to press 5551212.

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.