[pmmail-list] Outward filter needed

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 22:29:34 +0200 (MES)

On Tue, 03 Sep 2002 10:40:16 -0700, Tim Roberts wrote:

> But this forum does not consist of people who USE the "telephone".

  I hold this statement for false. I do use it.

> It consists of power users who wish to offer advice on and
> influence the future development of the "telephone".

  Some do, some don't. Some just want to get some help for using this strange
telecommunications device called PMMail, and those people should also be
welcome, I dare to think.

> In order for that advice to be useful, one needs to know
> more about the "telephone"

  Some advice is also good which just says that "this button is quite awkward,
my finger hurts when I press it", or "the color on the buttons is bad, it
fades away after three months of use", and this without knowing about the
material used neither for the button nor the color.

>  than just how to press 5551212.

   I just tried to find out which of my neighbours I would keep from going to
bed when I dial 5551212, but I don't want to try it in earnest and my
phonebook CD is not up to date enough to tell me if that number is actually
allocated in my local area.

   But as a power user of telephones and other telecommunications devices, I
can at least tell you, that this number has special significance only within
BELL country, i.e. Canada, the USA, and some countries in the Caribbean. Power
users do know that. But it is no disgrace not to know it. Everybody is
welcome.

Yours,
Lüko Willms