[pmmail-list] small problem in 2625

PMMail 2000 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 14:17:11 -0400

On Wed, 04 Sep 2002 13:14:24 -0400, Allan McLane wrote:

>If there is any highlighted URL that has a CR/LF right afterwards you cannot insert text without it becoming highlighted too. I believe that this has been with us all along.

Similar problems in Canned Replies do exist, but this particular
problem, to my knowledge, is new to the latest set of betas. If you
will recall that forwarding in previous versions did not even hi-light
links and or email addresses in the compose window. I just talked to
Peter and he said that it is most likely a side effect of changes made
to enable the proper display of messages in text/plain with hyperlinks.
By placing the cursor at the 'home' position of the line following the
link, making a new line and moving the cursor back up, you can avoid
this problem. And John was correct that this does not affect the
message for the recipient, the hi-lighting is only in the compose
window and not the message that is sent.

I don't think that there will be a fix for this today, but I have added
it to the list of things to be worked on. The exact cause of the
problem and relationship to recent changes will determine how this is
addressed. We will let you all know as soon as we locate the problem
and decide how to best resolve it.

Thanks,

Brandon King, PMMail 2000 Technical Support
support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
http://www.pmmail2000.com