[pmmail-list] Splitting data and executable

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 12:18:01 -0400

On Thu, 05 Sep 2002 11:32:01 +0200, Markus Baertschi wrote:

>A sensible way to separate the PMMail Program from the Mail Data would
>certainly rock. There should be a pointer for PMMail to find the mail
>files. This pointer should be separate for each user.

Unless I've misunderstood, this is already do-able to a certain extent.
 I run PMMail on OS/2, Win98 and Win2k systems sharing the same LAN and
they each access the same set of data and email files on the OS/2
system.  For the Windows systems, I've assigned a drive letter to the
drive on the OS/2 system containing the files and then I just use that
path in the 'Start in' line in the program object.  If this runs slowly
for you, there is also a little patch to the exe that can speed things
up.

Ralph Cohen