[pmmail-list] Feature request

John Swartzentruber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 06 Sep 2002 13:42:04 -0400

or maybe there is a way to do this now.

I'm using PMMail 2000 under Win2K.

I just got a request from someone on a mailing list to change my
Reply-To to be the list's address. Obviously I can't do this, but it
made me wonder how I was different. I saw that her headers didn't
contain any reply-to. I assume most mailers would then just reply to
the From address. In my case, there was a Reply-To in the header and it
was the name and address I have listed in my account properties under
the General settings.

I tried to remove these values (as it happens, this address is only
used for mailing lists), but PMMail wouldn't let me do that.

Is there any RFC requirement that the Reply-To header be present? If it
isn't required to be a well formed message, could this header line be
made optional?

FYI, for this particular list, there is no way to modify the list's
settings to add the list address as the Reply-To field.