[pmmail-list] Splitting data and executable

Stephen Eickhoff pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 06 Sep 2002 19:06:31 -0400

On Fri, 06 Sep 2002 23:57:34 +0200, Markus Baertschi wrote:

>Hazen,
>
>can you elaborate ?
>
>what entry do you have in which HKCU registry key ?
>
>I would love to be able to install PMMail in C:\Program Files
>while the mail folders are in d:\Mail\...
>
>Markus
>
>>I have this set up on my machine.  Have OS/2 (HPFS) and Win2k Pro
>>(NTFS).  Then made Win2K Pro see the HPFS partitions.  My data file is
>>on E: drive (HPFS).  I have an entry in HKCurrentUSer registry pointing
>>to the data file.

I decided to play around with this. There's a string value called
ShellDirectory under \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blueprint Software
Works\PMMail.
This points to your PMMail 2000 folder. Now keep in mind, this is the actual
"PMMail 2000" folder location.
To move your address books and dictionary over, you'll need to copy the tools
folder as well and plop
it in the same folder you put "PMMail 2000". So if you want to stash your
mail in "H:\Mail", the key value
would be "H:\Mail\PMMail 2000", and you would create a folder called "Mail".
Then in that Mail folder,
place:

- The "Tools" folder
- A "PMMail 2000" folder containing PMMailW.INI and your account folders

It was crashing on me because I forgot to move the Tools folder  :-/

I would like to see this as an option in the install, to put your data
elsewhere and set the reg key appropriately.

         Stephen Eickhoff
      operagost@email.com