[pmmail-list] feature request

Andreas Ludwig pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 08:53:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 09 Sep 2002 18:51:51 -0500, Hazen Woods wrote:

>I just opened a POP account for my wife (now that I finally installed
>Win2K Pro).  I was about to show her how to set up her address book
>when I discovered that her account opens my address book.  While I can
>certainly understand the advantages of that, nevertheless I would like
>for each account to open to its own set of address books, or at least
>have an option to do so.

In the OS/2 version, I set up a second program object of PMMail/2 with
a different working directory (e.g. D:\Data\Her name\Mail\pmmail),
where I put her account data/mail and into ...\Mail\Tools a different
address book. This works very well and also removes the possibility of
accidentally using the wrong account for composing/sending mail.

I don't know, however, how this is done under windows - maybe someone
else on the list does?

Best

Andreas

--

Andreas Ludwig
from the beautiful town of Vienna (Austria)