[pmmail-list] A couple of 2634 wish list items....

Frank Winkler @home pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:37:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:32:59 -0500, Jon Etkins wrote:

 >Indeed, I use Ctrl-Ins, Ctrl-Del and Shift-Ins exclusively, and have
 >done for years.  Makes selection and manipulation of blocks of text a
 >one-handed job, and often when I have folks looking over my shoulder
 >while I do work for them, they'll ask me what keystrokes I'm using
 >because I can select, cut, and paste, so quickly and effortlessly using
 >only that single close grouping of keys.

What really sucks is the fact that there are abviously two kinds of clipboard.
I experience situations where I copy some stuff with a "copy" menu item and
when I want to paste it with Shift-Ins I get something different. The real
contents have to be fetched with a "paste" menu. Don't know if this also
"works" vice cersa.

Example: copy an URL from Mozilla using "copy" and then hit Shift-Ins in a
PMMail window. Oops! I have to use "Edit->Paste" to get what I want.
Fortunately, Mozilla also supports CTRL-Ins in the URL field.

As we're talking about Copy&Paste. I used to think that the lack of C&P from
within PM windows is a PM or WPS problem. But Mozilla is the first OS/2 app
which does it! :) So it seems to be there but no-one has ever used it ...

Regards

Frank Winkler                                                frank@consol.de
ConSol GmbH
Franziskanerstr. 38                                   Voice +49 89 45841.275
81669 Munich - Germany                                  Fax +49 89 45841.189