[pmmail-list] PMMail error with DSL...

Norbert Schmidt pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 16:51:36 +0200

Hello Jerry,

>I can send mail from this OS/2 computer and my old dial-up
>ISP to PMMail on the eCS computer without a problem,
>however I can't seem to send mail in the opposite
>direction.  All efforts end up with a failure and an entry
>in the error log.  The reported error is:
>
>"503 Bad sequence of commands (specify MAIL first); This is
>the error that resulted from the the RCPT TO command"

maybe your ISP doesn't accept mail from the "outside" when the source
is not easily verifiable. You should ask your ISP since this error was
generated by their server.

I use a mail delivery agent on my local net to deliver mails directly
to the recipients. Since I have DSL I noticed that some mail servers
won't accept my mail directly - I didn't have that problem when I was
connected over the dial-up to my old ISP. For these recipients I now
use the mail server of my DSL provider as an intermediary.

Regards,
Norbert