[pmmail-list] PMMail error with DSL...

Wendell Brown pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:52:49 -0500

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 07:43:19 -0700, J Seder wrote:

>Generally, for security
>reasons, you must use your ISP's SMTP servers for outgoing e-mail.
>This servername goes in Account->Properties->Send->SMTP Server.    Your
>DSL provider should provide you with the name of this server.

We have a cool capability on our server (I do web hosting).  We allow
clients to send email via any isp through our server IF either they use
pop to send or they do a pop receive first (it logs the ip address of
the receive and then allows relay from that host).

BTW, PMMail is the only mail client that I know of that allows POP
SEND!!!  Thanks again guys!