[pmmail-list] PMMail error with DSL...

Menno Tillema pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 18:50:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:52:49 -0500, Wendell Brown wrote:

   > they do a pop receive first (it logs the ip address of
   > the receive and then allows relay from that host).

Which is, as I understand from my ISP's helpdesk a secure risk as
wel, so they don't support it.

   > BTW, PMMail is the only mail client that I know of that allows
POP
   > SEND!!!  Thanks again guys!

I know no providers in The Netherlands that support that, and with my
hobby.nl account trying it gave a whole lot of error's I'd never
heard of.

Anyway, the best thing to do is using your ISP's SMTP servers for
outgoing e-mail.

--
Tot mails, <Menno>

Menno Tillema