[pmmail-list] Updated Windows Build

Oberon pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:55:49 -0500

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:22:05 -0500, Kari Suomela wrote:

>Monday September 16 2002 15:03, PMMail 2000 Support wrote to All:
>

> PS> Well, I beleive we are about to make the leap into wxWindows. That
> PS> means that the PMMail 2000 code will be frozen for a while to say
> PS> the
>
>Wouldn't it make more sense to finish the current product to handle
>HTML? There are plenty of Linux/Unix email clients, and they all lack
>PMMmail's ability to handle multiple accounts in a neat way - on the
>same screen. On the other hand *every* on of them handles HTML
>perfectly.
>
> KS

No, it would be duplicating work.  wxWindows already renders HTML, both
viewing and printing, and supports a multiplicity of platforms rather than
just the M$ base.  By switching to wxWindows at this point the developers can
avoid having to reinvent the wheel and can expand their platform base at the
same time, rather than fixing HTML in the current product and *then* redoing
the whole thing again.

--
"If you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in every
day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way." -- Homer