[pmmail-list] Updated Windows Build

Richard Grevers pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 19:39:42 +1200

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:03:03 -0400, PMMail 2000 Support wrote:

>Peter just sent along a new build that fixes the Migration utility
>'completely'. It now supports Netscape 4.x, Eudora 5.1.1 and Outlook
>Express 6. No other support has been added at this time. The build #
>did not change so I added SE to the file name for clarity. The version
>info inside of PMMail did not change though, so the only way to verify
>installation over the
>
>Well, I beleive we are about to make the leap into wxWindows. That
>means that the PMMail 2000 code will be frozen for a while to say the
>least. Peter has said that he will fix any new bugs that appear in the
>code, but work will now be focused on the new version completely. I
>believe it will be about a month before the first build, maybe sooner.
>I will be setting up a new email address and soliciting for active beta
>testers shortly before the first build since it will not be a 'public
>beta'.
>
>More info as soon as I have it...

The latest build is still exhibiting the recently added DDE bug that
I reported recently (When you click on a link in PMMail the DDE request
it sends is now hardcoded to open in an existing browser window rather
than a new one). Since this is unacceptable (scenario - launch a link from
an email while a half-completed form is topmost in the browser) I'll have
to dig back a quite a way to find a useable version :-(

IOW please fix this if possible!

--
This mail is a natural product.  The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.