[pmmail-list] Importing .csv

Mike Young pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 22:07:47 -0700

Martin,

To answer your question 'Adr' is the literal word 'Adr'.

What I did was create at least one contact in the address book
and then use the export function to export it to a csv file. Then
look at that file in Excel and you will see the format needed.
Adr is first, etc. Create your csv file from the database to look
like that and then import it into the currently open address book.

I think my export statment for the database was something
like:
SELECT 'Adr', Email, FullName, blah FROM Contacts WHERE blah

How it is done differs from database to database. Mine has an
export utility where you choose filename, filetype and then provide
the select statement. I could have also used an UNLOAD command.

Best regards,
Mike Young