[pmmail-list] PM Mail 2000 v2.20.2567

T. Alex Beamish pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:37:30 -0400

OK, here are the steps:

1. PM Mail is minimized. The PM Mail icon on the Task Bar is solid.
2. New mail arrives. The PM Mail icon on the Task Bar blinks.
3. I right click on the icon. It shows the various accounts I have,
with waiting E-Mail shown as a check mark beside the account.
4. I follow the check mark to the folder, follow the folder to the
message and click to open the message.
5. The message window opens (great!) and the application window opens
as well (not so great).

What used to happen -- before I upgraded from 2.10 -- was that in step
5. I would get *just* the message window.

Now, everytime I open a message, after I'm done I have to close the
application window. This is irritating. I'd rather not see the main PM
Mail window until I double-click on the task bar icon, specifically
requesting it.

Alex

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:23:23 -0700, Tim Roberts wrote:

>On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:54:25 -0400, T. Alex Beamish wrote:
>>
>>I'm new to the list.
>>
>>I just downloaded and installed this new version of PM Mail and don't
>>like the way the entire application window pops up when I open a
>>message. I prefer that I just get the mail message that I've selected
>>to read. There doesn't appear to be any way to configure this
>>differently.
>>
>>Have I missed something, or has That Been Changed With This Version?
>
>I, for one, am not sure what you mean.  If I double-click a message in the
>PMMail main window, I get a new top-level window with the message.  If I
>minimize the app and use the taskbar icon to choose a message, I get only the
>message window, not the app window.
>
>Perhaps you could offer a bit more detail about what you are seeing.
>
>--
>- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
>  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
>
>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------
>To POST to the list, send your message to:
>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>with the first line of the message body being...

T. Alex Beamish -- Perl/CGI programming
   TAB Software -- Toronto, Ontario
       http://www.tabsoft.on.ca