[pmmail-list] Feature request - re dragging in PMMail 2000

Andreas Ludwig pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:17:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:40:37 +0200 (MEST), Frank Winkler - Sun Germany
- Enterprise Services wrote:

> >>It doesn't in my OS/2 case - and I always wondered why. And within the
> >>keyboard game, only CTRL plus a single message works, not the region
> >>selection with SHIFT ...
> >
> >This is a small little bug I guess. Try clicking on the first message
> >to select again, then it should work (does so here, at least)
>
>No, I think I now remember the culprit. I configured my OS/2 to let the LMB
>drag objects (AFAIR this defaults to RMB or so) and I think this
>interfgeres with the selection thing. I never understood why OS/2 wants to
>separate those two actions ...

Now you know ;-)
Honestly, I think, this was one of the wise decisions when designing
the WPS. Dragging with MB1 is really a PITA in Windows - every second
time I want to select and drag a file, I end up in the file name edit,
I cannot select multiple files easily by pointing to them one by one
with MB1 pressed (must use Ctrl+ single click) etc. pp.

And YES, there is this little bug in PMMail. If you are reading a
message at the moment and wnat to select, say this message and the next
10, pressing Shift and selecting the 11th message will not do, but
selecting the current message again and the Shift-MB1 the 11th will.

Best

Andreas

--

Andreas Ludwig
from the beautiful town of Vienna (Austria)